Sunday, June 29, 2008

C'est le printemps!

I've been dressing in monochromatic hues of black and white and I reckon it's about high time I get into le mode du printemps! So I've been hitting Style.com and checking out the resort collections...
Missoni Resort 2008
Thank you, Angela, for not overdoing the whole knit thing you have done, reinterpreted, reinvented and redone till grandmoms are sick of it. Because this little knit toga is actually kind of cute, and really a pretty little outfit for spring/summer! Of course, a huge floppy beach hat would totally complete the look... just saying.


This colourblock thing everyone's been doing for their Resort lines... I'm giving you mad props for pulling it off better than the rest! While I'm not too crazy about the colours you've going on there, I really like the striking contrast of the hues you've chosen, and how that horizontal sash seems to pull the whole look together. Was not trying to pull a pun there... but haha sometimes I crack myself up when I'm freezing and bored in the office. Zzz..

Florals are huge this year, and hence because of the sublimal sartorial influence, I like this piece. Mainly cause its not crazy pajama-print-florals all the girls are wearing on the streets, and neither is it ugly brush strokes masquerading as flowers, but almost, like a painting of the gardens of Narnia.

Nicely done here this season, Missoni, unlike a certain Mr Wang, who seems to have been replaced by a ghost This Fashion designer for this Resort season. Tut tut, really!




In all truth, I'm a tad disapppointed actually; none of the designers have picked up on honest-to-goodness resort-chic. Gonna pull it off all on my own this season then, of course with the help of the mother's plastic. Hehe.

And surely, no outfit is complete without a sac to tote your essentials around, no?




Sweet, sweet fringe from Gojane. I've kind of pigeonholed my overall aesthestic and think I'm kind of rockandroll-hippie. Kind of.

Not as awesome as the one above, but still lovely in its own pseudo-hippie right. From Forever21. Sigh.. Have been waiting for sprees from these two sites for the longest time ever!



This one I'll die to get my hands on cause it is the perfect summer sac!! Total steal at 1,230US$ from Givenchy!! Just that at this moment it means that I've got to go steal from a bank or something. Gonna wait it out and see how this obsession with it goes!

No comments: