Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The star of the circus













What's the naughtiest thing you've done? I dont quite recall, but perhaps mine would be dousing my sister's toothbrush with shampoo when we had our bathroom wars. What a stick in the mud eh. But this ad, this Mert and Marcus ad makes one feel like we're sneaking backstage and watching in fascinated rapture as the star of the act practises her sultry poses while preening before the mirror.

Quite so very naughty really, especially when Miss Durst here, decked in her lolita-esque dresses catches you peering and then turns to zero in on you with her come hither gaze. My eyes can't help but keep getting fixated on Kirsten's crimson bow and lips, and her exquisite outfits. I've taken a particular liking to the cheerleader out with its strong navy and red stripes.

While I'm a fan of Lindsay's ads, I have to say, Kirsten Durst has definitely upped the stakes here. Don't mind me really, but I think I will now go scramble about to find a red replacement for my blue bow!

No comments: