Friday, February 01, 2008

V for Victory

I've always been a sporadic admirer of Victoria Beckham's chic emsembles. She knows what suits her, and she works it. Typically, Football's first lady dresses in black, black, black; all the more to accentuate that amazing figure. Here's one outfit of hers which I think is a clever take on the menswear-inclined trend, infusing it with a slight oriental feel with a gorgeous leather ebi (spelling?) belt. Oh, never mind her fake tan; she's this close to being perfect!




More of her outfits that I do like
In an amazing vintage Alaia gown! One of my absolute favs; I'd get married in this if I could!


A Chloe tulip dress,  along with a suitably eyecatching pair of  heels


Not sure, Herve Leger maybe? :/ But I do love her outfit, and especially her coif!


All adorable in a chic Roland Mouret ensemble

And needless to say, the Pob (the Posh bob, as they say) revolutionized the hair of the rag trade. Instead of voluminous big curls a la the Victoria Secrets, every hair dresser who knew their worth traded in their layering shears for the other, because every one of their customers were requesting this very chi-chi VB bob, even heartland aunties, I hear! 
Then Posh shook things up by going even shorter, and blonder (like in the picture below).
Smart move, I'd say, all the better to show off those cheekbones of hers!



But when I heard that Marc Jacobs was going to feature her in his Spring '08 ads... I thought, what a disparate pairing. Marcj with his playful deconstructed looks and Victoria Beckham with her chic style? Goodness gracious. 
So lo and behold. 


Ehh..this ad campaign did nothing for me, to say the least. But pfft to me, who am I to judge?Fashion followers were clearly divided into two camps. On one hand, many mocked Posh for stupidly being portrayed as a product, or a a blind follower of fashion, while the others saw the satire that came through- that Posh knew that she was a hot commodity and she played that up. And perhaps that was what MJ and VB had in common: a sense of humour. 

Anyways, like I said, I was clearly unmoved. Now, to make things clear, I thought that David was never one to feel faint about. But when I saw Beckham dressed in the MJ VB tee, I started gushing, which Charlotte can attest to. How cute is that huh!!
Seriously, that is one amazingly adorable husband right there! Swoon...!

Sources: Celebritystyleguide.com, tfs, ontd at lj

No comments: