Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Red packets for the guys

While I've done a CNY post for la femmes, here's one for the doodz, as requested by Lonelyboy15! Xoxo, here you go!



The all year rounder
Get dressed in a smart maroon or burgundy long-sleeved top, push up your sleeves, and voila! Smart casual for you! The deeper red hue ensures that while you're dressed for the festive season, it still wouldn't scream 'CNY' all year round!

Paul Smith Spring 2008




The (pseudo)tennis player
It doesnt matter whether you do play or not, as long as you look good! A spiffy polo with red accents on the collar and sleeves will put you in good books with your elder relatives, and still get you the girls! Adding a red sash wouldnt hurt either; it prevents you from being washed out in your neutral ensemble.
PS: Actually, why not try putting a paintbrush to your old white (or offwhite, by now) polo and paint those red stripes to jazz it up! Tell people that its meant to look unfinished and it was customised piece of apparel for you! Haha!

Lacoste Spring 2008



Swing it up
Get dapper in a golf-inspired outfit, with a nice touch of color and class with the tie!


Lacoste Spring 2008



Shoes maketh the man
After spending my whole Sunday with two guys on a mission to get CNY shoes, I now realise the importance of a good/presentable pair of shoes for guys, seeing that they have almost no clothes and accessories to play mix and match with. Snicker.
Haha, but anyways, I like this look, no, not the guy, the look! Tell your aunties and uncles you've gone modernly festive, ie, white for white gold, and then smoke them with a pair of brillantly red shoes!


Lacoste Spring 2008



Neutrals for you
Haha, don't scoff at me and tell me this is the Chinese High uniform;I'm telling you khakis will never go out of style! Lose the jacket, and pull a red cap over your botak-army head and you'd look more than presentable; you'd look amazing!

Rag & Bone Spring 2008


Trend alert: The hemlines are rising! See how half the pants on the guys above are rolled up just above the ankles? Try that!

I know, I know... the looks seem too classic, but I think guys who can pull this off are most dashing in my honest opinion, and guess what? I think your parents, aunties and grandma would like this style too, no?
Source: photos from style.com

No comments: