Tuesday, February 05, 2008

United colors of lust

Rather than doing simple (read: boring) ads with models of different nationalities in rainbow outfits, Benetton is doing a multi-pronged ad attack, using fashion influences from all over!

Thick knits like in the 1990s


Intricately cool patterned African-inspired outfits


Victorian, a la the captivating Queen Eliza!


Housewives from the late 1980s! Sort of like they were ready to paint the town red, RIGHT after their chores, haha!


Twiggy twiggy, mod, mod, mod!


The punk/goth/deconstructed look that Vivenne Westwood heralded in the 1970s


The denim fad that washed over the globe in the late 1990s
This ad really caught my eye! The knitted bags of various eye-catching colours and the gleaming gold chains for handles has really had me lusting for them! I can just imagine all the different outfits I can wear with those adorably timeless bags. Totally granny-chic, I'd say. Think I'll make a weekend trip to Taka and check if they're worth the US$69 that they are! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the colours!!! argh hate the price tags though haha!